Details for Benchmark: MB1261
N 41° 24.833 W 081° 34.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CUYAHOGA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- 156 CRGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CRGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1938 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1938
AT MAPLE HEIGHTS. AT MAPLE HEIGHTS, CUYAHOGA COUNTY, AT THE WEST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF BROADWAY AND HILL STREET, 15 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH CORNER OF A CATCH BASIN IN THE NORTHWEST CURB OF HILL STREET, 47 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTH CORNER OF A CATCH BASIN IN THE SOUTHWEST CURB OF BROADWAY, 6.8 FEET SOUTH OF CEI POLE 221860, 3.3 FEET WEST OF THE FACE OF THE CURB RETURN, AND IN THE SIDEWALK. A CLEVELAND REGIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 156 AND SET UNDERGROUND IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST, PROTECTED BY A CAST-IRON BOX WITH A LID.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION, NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. IN MAPLE HEIGHTS, AT THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 14 (BROADWAY AVENUE) AND HILL STREET, AT THE WEST CORNER, IN THE SIDEWALK, IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST AND PROTECTED BY A 6-INCH CAST IRON BOX WITH A COVER AND EAST OF A BURGER KING RESTAURANT, 9.02 METERS (29.6 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 6.31 METERS (20.7 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF HILL STREET, 3.32 METERS (10.9 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A METAL LIGHT POLE SUPPORTING THREE SECURITY LIGHTS FOR BURGER KING PARKING LOT, 1.95 METERS (6.4 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A UTILITY POLE WITH A STREET LAMP.
|08/19/1988 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (GHB)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.