Details for Benchmark: MB1267
N 41° 23.383 W 081° 32.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CUYAHOGA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- TOWN HALL USGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1938 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1938
AT BEDFORD. AT BEDFORD, CUYAHOGA COUNTY, ABOUT 44 YARDS SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE WHEELING AND LAKE ERIE RAILWAY STATION, 200 FEET SOUTHWEST ALONG SOUTH PARK STREET FROM BROADWAY, ON THE NORTHEAST FACE OF THE OLD TOWN HALL, ON THE FIFTH COURSE OF STONE BELOW THE TOP OF THE FOUNDATION, 4 INCHES SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTH CORNER, 23.6 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CURB OF THE STREET, 20 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL, AND ABOUT 3 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TRACK. A CHISELED CROSS, NEAR THE LETTERS B.M.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION, NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. IN BEDFORD, AT THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 14 (BROADWAY AVENUE) AND BEDFORD COMMONS, ON THE NORTHEAST FACE OF THE OLD TOWN HALL, NOW THE BEDFORD HISTORICAL SOCIETY MUSEUM, NEAR THE LETTERS B M, 7.01 METERS (23.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CURB OF BEDFORD COMMONS, 10.00 METERS (32.8 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL, 0.10 METER (0.33 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTH CORNER OF THE BUILDING. THE MARK IS 0.91 M ABOVE RAILROAD.
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (GHB)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.