Details for Benchmark: MB2362
N 41° 03.377 W 081° 00.333 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- 61 064 2 P CO
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by OH-133 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY PORTAGE COUNTY OHIO 1977 (GLW)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 5 MILES EAST OF YALE, 4 MILES SOUTHEAST OF PALMYRA, 3-1/4 MILES NORTHEAST OF DEERFIELD, AND ON THE RIGHT-OF-WAY OF MAHONING ROAD, COUNTY HIGHWAY 73.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM PALMYRA AT THE INTERSECTION OF STATE ROUTE 225 AND COUNTY HIGHWAY 18, TALLMADGE ROAD, GO EAST ON TALLMADGE ROAD FOR 2.6 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF MAHONING ROAD. TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH FOR 2.5 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF COUNTY HIGHWAY 55, YALE ROAD. CONTINUE SOUTH ON MAHONING ROAD FOR 0.35 MILE TO THE TOP OF A KNOLL AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT.
STATION MARK, STAMPED---61-064-2 1977---, IS A PORTAGE COUNTY BRASS DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 12-INCH CYLINDRICAL CONCRETE POST THAT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE. IT IS 27.7 FEET SOUTH OF POWER POLE NUMBER 24/10, AND 25.3 FEET EAST OF MAHONING ROAD, 24.0 FEET NORTHWEST OF A 10-INCH OAK TREE, AND IN THE LAWN OF A MOBILE HOME, ADDRESS NUMBER 2460.
NO REFERENCE MARKS ESTABLISHED FOR THIS STATION. HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK WAS 1.4 METERS. STATION 61 064 1 P CO CAN BE USED AS AN AZIMUTH MARK.
DESCRIBED BY F.J. PINTER
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.