Details for Benchmark: MB2372
N 41° 05.931 W 081° 01.932 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- 62 326 1 P CO
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by OH-133 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY PORTAGE COUNTY OHIO 1977 (GLW)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 4-3/4 MILES SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF WAYLAND, 4-1/4 MILES NORTHEAST OF YALE, 1 MILE EAST OF PALMYRA, AND ON THE RIGHT-OF-WAY OF MC CLINTOCKSBURG ROAD, COUNTY HIGHWAY 135.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM PALMYRA AT THE INTERSECTION OF STATE ROUTE 225 AND TALLMADGE ROAD, COUNTY HIGHWAY 18, GO EAST ON TALLMADGE ROAD FOR 1.0 MILE TO THE INTERSECTION OF MC CLINTOCKSBURG ROAD AND THE STATION ON THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION.
STATION MARK, STAMPED---62-326-1 1977---, IS A PORTAGE COUNTY BRASS DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 12-INCH CYLINDRICAL CONCRETE POST THAT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE. IT IS 71.0 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF MC CLINTOCKSBURG ROAD, 70.6 FEET SOUTHWEST OF POWER AND TELEPHONE POLE NUMBER 1087, 46.3 FEET WEST OF POWER POLE NUMBER PA 143, AND 24.2 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF TALLMADGE ROAD.
NO REFERENCE MARKS ESTABLISHED FOR THIS STATION. HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK WAS 2.2 METERS. STATION 62 327 1 P CO CAN BE USED AS AN AZIMUTH MARK.
DESCRIBED BY F.J. PINTER.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.