Details for Benchmark: MB2383
N 41° 02.080 W 081° 05.913 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- 61 100 1 P CO
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by OH-133 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY PORTAGE COUNTY OHIO 1977 (GLW)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 5-1/4 MILES SOUTHWEST OF PALMYRA, 2-3/4 MILES NORTHEAST OF ATWATER, 2-3/4 MILES NORTHWEST OF DEERFIELD AND ON THE RIGHT-OF-WAY OF ALLIANCE ROAD, COUNTY HIGHWAY 125.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM ATWATER AT THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 224 AND STATE ROUTE 183, GO EAST ON U.S. HIGHWAY 224 FOR 2.6 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF STATE ROUTE 225 TO THE SOUTH AND COUNTY HIGHWAY 125, ALLIANCE ROAD, TO THE NORTH. TURN LEFT AND GO NORTH ON ALLIANCE ROAD FOR 0.75 MILE TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT.
STATION MARK, STAMPED---61-100-1 1977---, IS A PORTAGE COUNTY BRASS DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 12-INCH CYLINDRICAL CONCRETE POST THAT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE. IT IS 59.9 FEET NORTHEAST OF TELEPHONE POLE NUMBER 8/70, 57.6 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A TOOL SHED, 27.5 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF ALLIANCE ROAD, AND 26.1 FEET NORTH OF POWER POLE NUMBER DF 505.
NO REFERENCE MARKS ESTABLISHED FOR THIS STATION. HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK WAS 1.4 METERS. STATION 71 007 1 P CO CAN BE USED AS AN AZIMUTH MARK.
DESCRIBED BY F.J. PINTER
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.