Details for Benchmark: MB2540
N 41° 09.369 W 081° 14.468 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- RAVENNA NE COR PROSPECT HOUSE
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by OH-133 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY PORTAGE COUNTY OHIO 1977 (GLW)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 8-1/4 MILES SOUTHEAST OF STREETSBORO, 3-1/2 MILES NORTH OF ROOTSTOWN, AND IN THE CITY OF RAVENNA, ATOP THE PROSPECT HOUSE BUILDING.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE ROUTE 59, MAIN STREET, AND CHESTNUT STREET IN THE CENTER OF RAVENNA, GO EAST OF MAIN STREET FOR 0.1 MILE TO THE INTERSECTION OF PROSPECT STREET. TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH ON PROSPECT STREET FOR 0.15 MILE TO THE PROSPECT HOUSE BUILDING ON THE LEFT AND THE STATION ON ITS ROOF.
THE STATION IS THE UNMARKED EXTREME NORTHEAST TOP EDGE OF THE BRICK AND SANDSTONE PARAPET. THE PARAPET IS 4 FEET HIGH AND CAPPED WITH A SANDSTONE SLAB THAT IS 4 INCHES HIGH AND 12 INCHES WIDE.
NO REFERENCE MARKS ESTABLISHED FOR THIS STATION.
DESCRIBED BY F.J. PINTER.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.