Details for Benchmark: MB2542
N 41° 09.452 W 081° 14.602 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- RAVENNA MUN FLAGPOLE
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977 (JRS)
THE STATION IS THE BASE OF THE FLAG POLE OF THE RAVENNA MUNICIPAL FLAGPOLE. IT IS A 40-FOOT METAL POLE ATOP A 70-FOOT STEEL TRUSS-WORK TOWER. IT IS SILVER IN COLOR AND THE OVERALL HEIGHT IS 110 FEET.
IT IS LOCATED IN THE CENTER OF RAVENNA IN THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE COURTHOUSE SQUARE, 35.6 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF CHESTNUT STREET AND 10 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF MAIN STREET.
DESCRIBED BY D.C. FRAZIER, TYPED BY B.R. LEWIS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.