Details for Benchmark: MB2557
N 41° 09.065 W 081° 20.838 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- KENT STATE UNIVERSITY STACK
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1950 (PLB)
THE STATION IS LOCATED NEAR THE CENTER OF THE KENT STATE UNIVERSITY CAMPUS IN THE CENTER OF KENT. IT IS AT THE REAR OF THE POWER PLANT ON TERRACE DRIVE. THE STACK IS OF YELLOW BRICK CONSTRUCTION, 175 FEET HIGH, 10 FEET IN DIAMETER AT THE BASE AND 6 FEET IN DIAMETER AT THE TOP. THE STACK IS OWNED BY THE UNIVERSITY AND WAS ERECTED IN 1937.
|01/01/1977 by NGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977 (JRS)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED, WITH PREVIOUS DESCRIPTION IN QUAD 410812-1026.
THE STATION IS THE TOP CENTER OF THE KENT, KENT STATE UNIVERSITY STACK. IT IS THE NORTH ONE OF TWO YELLOW BRICK STACKS AND IS APPROXIMATELY 175 FEET HIGH.
IT IS LOCATED ON THE GROUNDS OF THE KENT STATE UNIVERSITY, ABOUT 0.5 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF KENT, AND 160 FEET SOUTHEAST OF TERRACE DRIVE.
DESCRIBED BY D.C. FRAZIER, TYPED BY B.R. LEWIS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.