Details for Benchmark: MB2563
N 41° 09.635 W 081° 15.500 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- RAVENNA MUN TANK
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977 (JRS)
THE STATION IS THE APEX OF VENT ATOP THE RAVENNA MUNICIPAL WATER TANK. THE TANK HAS A CYLINDRICAL BODY WITH A DOME TOP AND CONCAVE BOTTOM, SUPPORTED BY EIGHT TUBULAR LEGS. IT IS SILVER IN COLOR AND APPROXIMATELY 130 FEET HIGH.
IT IS LOCATED IN THE WEST SECTION OF RAVENNA, ABOUT 0.15 MILE NORTH OF STATE HIGHWAY 59, 0.1 MILE WEST OF OAKWOOD STREET, AND IN THE APPROXIMATE CENTER OF RAVENNA CITY PARK.
DESCRIBED BY D.C. FRAZIER, TYPED BY B.R. LEWIS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.