Details for Benchmark: MB2610
N 41° 09.059 W 081° 20.306 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- KENT KSU RAD STA WKSU MAST
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977 (JRS)
THE STATION IS THE LIGHT TOP CENTER OF THE KENT, KENT STATE UNIVERSITY RADIO STATION WKSU MAST. IT IS A GUYED MAST, THE WEST ONE AND TALLEST ONE OF TWO, PAINTED IN ALTERNATE SECTIONS OF RED AND WHITE AND APPROXIMATELY 200 FEET HIGH.
IT IS LOCATED ABOUT 0.6 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF KENT, ON THE GROUNDS OF KENT STATE UNIVERSITY, 300 FEET NORTH OF TRI-TOWERS, AND 60 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF DIETZ DRIVE.
DESCRIBED BY D.C. FRAZIER, TYPED BY B.R. LEWIS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.