Details for Benchmark: MC0382
N 41° 31.267 W 083° 09.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In OTTAWA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- G 19
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
0.2 MI W FROM OAK HARBOR. 0.2 MILE WEST ALONG THE NEW YORK CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT OAK HARBOR, OTTAWA COUNTY, AT THE OVERHEAD CROSSING OF THE WHEELING AND LAKE ERIE RAILWAY, IN THE SOUTH FACE OF THE NORTH BACK WALL, 8 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL, AND 3.5 FEET ABOVE THE BASE OF THE RAIL. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED G 19 1934 AND SET VERTICALLY.
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
0.5 KILOMETERS (0.3 MILE) WEST ALONG THE PENN CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE CROSSING OF STAT HIGHWAY 19 AT OAK HARBOR, AT THE OVERHEAD CROSSING OF THE WHEELING AND LAKE ERIE RAILWAY, IN THE SOUTH FACE OF THE NORTH BACKWALL, SET VERTICALLY 15.2 METERS (50 FEET) WEST OF THE EAST END OF THE BACKWALL, 5.5 METERS (18 FEET) NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL. THE MARK IS 1.0 M ABOVE RAIL.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.