Details for Benchmark: MC0459
N 41° 07.217 W 083° 11.267 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SENECA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- B 173
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
AT TIFFIN. AT TIFFIN, ABOUT 0.4 MILE WEST ALONG THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD FROM THE STATION, NEAR THE CROSSING OF WALL STREET, SET VERTICALLY IN THE NORTH FACE OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE FOUNDATION OF HANSON MANUFACTURING COMPANY TWO-STORIED RED BRICK BUILDING, 31.4 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL OF THE EASTBOUND MAIN TRACK, 1.5 FEET WEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, 1.1 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND AND ABOUT 4 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
|10/23/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
IN TIFFIN, AT THE INTERSECTION OF THE CHESSIE SYSTEMS RAILROAD AND WALL STREET, SET VERTICALLY IN THE NORTH FACE OF THE HANSON MANUFACTURING COMPANY, 9.4 M (30.8 FT) SOUTH OF THE NEAR RAIL, 7.8 M (25.6 FT) WEST OF THE STREET CENTERLINE, 0.5 M (1.6 FT) WEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, AND 0.3 M (1.0 FT) ABOVE THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.