Details for Benchmark: MC0473
N 41° 08.383 W 083° 19.433 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SENECA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- J 172
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
2 MI W FROM BASCOM. ABOUT 2.0 MILES WEST ALONG THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD FROM THE CROSSING OF STATE HIGHWAY 635 AT BASCOM, 33 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE CROSSING OF COUNTY ROAD NO. 5 AND THE EASTBOUND TRACK, 25 FEET EAST OF MILEPOLE 32-01, SET IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH END OF THE WEST CONCRETE HEAD WALL OF A TWO PIPE CULVERT (24-INCH AND 12-INCH) UNDER THE ROAD, 27.1 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL OF THE EASTBOUND TRACK, 19 1/2 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD AND ABOUT 4 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
|10/22/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
7.9 KM (4.90 MI) EASTERLY ALONG THE CHESSIE SYSTEMS RAILROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 23 IN FOSTORIA, IN TOP OF AND 0.2 M (0.7 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE WEST CONCRETE HEADWALL OF A CULVERT UNDER COUNTY ROAD 5, 33.5 M (109.9 FT) SOUTH OF BENCH MARK D 312, 8.0 M (26.2 FT) SOUTH OF THE NEAR RAIL, 6.3 M (20.7 FT) WEST OF THE ROAD CENTER, AND 1.0 M (3.3 FT) BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1995.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.