Details for Benchmark: MC0476
N 41° 08.767 W 083° 22.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SENECA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- G 172
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
2.5 MI E FROM FOSTORIA. ABOUT 2.5 MILES EAST ALONG THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT FOSTORIA, AT MILEPOLE NO. 34-16, 56 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE CROSSING OF YOCHUM ROAD NO. 47 AND THE WESTBOUND TRACK, 52.9 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL OF THE WESTBOUND TRACK, 20 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 2.7 FEET EAST OF THE SOUTH LEG OF A STEEL POWER LINE TOWER, 1.2 FEET SOUTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 4 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 2 INCHES ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND. NOTE-- THE 1954 DESCRIPTION REPORTS THE MARK AS PROJECTING 4 INCHES.
|10/22/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
4.2 KM (2.60 MI) EASTERLY ALONG THE CHESSIE SYSTEMS RAILROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 23 IN FOSTORIA, 16.2 M (53.1 FT) NORTH OF THE NEAR RAIL, 6.4 M (21.0 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF COUNTY ROAD 47, 1.2 M (3.9 FT) BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, 0.9 M (3.0 FT) EAST OF THE SOUTH LEG OF A HIGH LINE TOWER, 0.3 M (1.0 FT) SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST, AND THE MONUMENT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.