Details for Benchmark: MC0663
N 41° 05.967 W 083° 59.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PUTNAM county, OH View Original Datasheet
- L 1
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
AT LEIPSIC. AT LEIPSIC, AT THE JUNCTION OF MAIN AND COMMERCIAL STREETS, 124 FEET NORTHEAST OF NORTHEAST CURB OF MAIN STREET, 12 FEET SOUTHEAST OF SOUTHEAST CURB OF COMMERCIAL STREET, A LINE ON THE END OF A BRASS BOLT LEADED IN THE VERTICAL NORTHWEST FACE OF STONE MASONRY FOUNDATION OF LEFFLER HOTEL BUILDING, 0.5 FOOT SOUTHWEST OF NORTH CORNER OF BUILDING, 2.8 FEET ABOVE LEVEL OF SIDE WALK, 1.2 FEET BELOW BOTTOM EDGE OF WATER TABLE AND SURROUNDED BY THE LETTERS U S C AND G S CUT IN STONE.
|01/01/1984 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1984
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.