Details for Benchmark: MC0665
N 41° 05.900 W 083° 59.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PUTNAM county, OH View Original Datasheet
- K 1
- Marker Type:
- drill hole
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
AT LEIPSIC. AT LEIPSIC, AT THE INTERSECTION OF MAIN AND BELMORE STREETS, ON THE SOUTHEAST SIDE OF LAMPE BLOCK BUILDING (A 3-STORY BRICK BUILDING), 132 FEET NORTHEAST OF NORTHEAST CURB OF MAIN STREET, 10.6 FEET NORTHWEST OF NORTHWEST CURB OF BELMORE STREET, 2.7 FEET SOUTHWEST OF EAST CORNER OF BUILDING, THE BOTTOM OF A SQUARE HOLE IN THE TOP OF THE STONE WINDOW SILL OF A TAVERN, ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE LEVEL OF SIDE WALK AND SURROUNDED BY THE LETTERS U S C AND G S CUT IN STONE.
|01/01/1984 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1984
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.