Details for Benchmark: MC0666
N 41° 05.750 W 083° 59.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PUTNAM county, OH View Original Datasheet
- K 169
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
0.8 MI SW FROM LEIPSIC. AT LEIPSIC, ABOUT 0.75 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD FROM THE STATION, ABOUT 155 YARDS NORTHEAST OF CROSSING OF STATE HIGHWAY 65, 12 FEET SOUTHEAST OF SOUTHEAST RAIL OF SOUTHEAST TRACK, 26 FEET SOUTHEAST OF SOUTHEAST RAIL OF MAIN TRACK, SOUTH-SOUTHEAST AND ACROSS TRACKS FROM MOORHEAD GRAIN ELEVATOR, 47 FEET NORTHWEST OF CENTER LINE OF A BLACK TOP STREET, 2 FEET NORTHEAST OF MILE POST C 156 - T 46, ABOUT 1 FOOT BELOW LEVEL OF TRACK AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 3 INCHES.
|01/01/1984 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1984
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.