Details for Benchmark: MC0979
N 41° 31.867 W 082° 49.783 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In OTTAWA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- S 317
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- a metal rod driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
6.7 KM SW FROM LAKESIDE. 6.7 KILOMETERS (4.15 MILES) SOUTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 163 FROM THE CROSSING OF THE MARBLEHEAD RAILROAD IN LAKESIDE, SET AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE T-JUNCTION OF HIGHWAYS 163 AND 269, 19.65 METERS (64.5 FEET) SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY 163, 11.45 METERS (37.5 FEET) EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY 269, 31.4 METERS (103.0 FEET) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTH CORNER OF THE COUNTRY CORNERS DRIVE-IN CAFE, 12.95 METERS (42.5 FEET) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A SQUARE MAN-HOLE COVER, 1.85 METERS (6.0 FEET) NORTH OF POWER POLE NUMBER 32ET 4C 14. NOTE-ROD DRIVEN TO REFUSAL AT 2.2 METERS. THE MARK IS 0.5 M BELOW HIGHWAY 163.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.