Details for Benchmark: MC1001
N 41° 30.783 W 082° 56.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In OTTAWA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- 906 3083 WL 106 USLS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- footings/foundation walls of small/medium structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by USLS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
IN PORT CLINTON. IN PORT CLINTON, AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE JUNCTION OF PERRY AND MADISON STREETS, SET VERTICALLY IN THE NORTH FACE OF THE ISLAND HOUSE MOTOR INN (A 3-STORY BRICK BUILDING), 8.1 METERS (26.6 FEET) SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF PERRY STREET, 4.4 METERS (14.7 FEET) WEST OF THE NORTHWEST EDGE OF THE FRENCH WINDOWS SETTING DIAGONALLY ON THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, 3.35 METERS (11.0 FEET) EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE ENTRANCE DOORS ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE BUILDING. THE MARK IS 1.0 M ABOVE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.