Details for Benchmark: MC1012
N 41° 31.217 W 083° 08.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In OTTAWA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- X 316
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures with deep foundations
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
0.16 KM EAST FROM OAK HARBOR. 0.16 KILOMETER (0.10 MILE) EAST ALONG THE PENN CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE CROSSING OF STATE HIGHWAY 19 AT OAK HARBOR, SET VERTICALLY IN THE SOUTH FACE OF THE MOST EASRERLY ONE OF FOUR CYLINDERICALLY SHAPED CONCRETE GRAIN SILOS ON THE PROPERTY OF LUCKY FARMERS INC., 18.9 METERS (62.0 FEET) NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL OF THE TRACKS, 0.95 METER 3.1 FEET) WEST OF THE WEST LEG OF A METAL LADDER GOING UP THE TOWER. THE MARK IS 1.0 M ABOVE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.