Details for Benchmark: MC1262
N 41° 30.250 W 082° 56.933 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In OTTAWA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- PORT CLINTON COE 1976
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1976 by USE (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US ENGINEERS 1976 (RES)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ALONG THE SOUTH SHORE OF LAKE ERIE AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE HARBOR IN THE TOWN OF PORT CLINTON.
IT IS A STANDARD U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS DISK STAMPED PORT CLINTON (THE DISK WAS FOUND IN PLACE AND WAS CONTROLLED BY THIS SURVEY). IT IS LOCATED ON THE NORTH END OF THE EAST BREAKWATER NEAR THE ENTRANCE LIGHT.
IT IS POSSIBLE TO WALK TO THIS STATION. HOWEVER, FOR EASE IN TRANSPORTING EQUIPMENT, IT IS RECOMMENDED A BOAT BE USED.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 1.5 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998. No horizontal observational check was made to the station.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.