Details for Benchmark: MC1344
N 41° 07.135 W 083° 01.089 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SENECA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- REPUBLIC MUNICIPAL TANK
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956 (RHT)
STATION IS LOCATED IN THE SOUTH EDGE OF REPUBLIC. STATION IS OF STEEL CONSTRUCTION ABOUT 90 FEET HIGH, HAS 4 LEGS AND IS PAINTED SILVER. THE POINT INTERSECTED WAS THE BALL FINIAL.
TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS NO. 18 AND 67 IN REPUBLIC, GO SOUTHWEST ON STATE HIGHWAY NO. 67 FOR 0.1 MILE TO CROSSROADS. TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTHERLY FOR 0.3 MILE TO END OF STREET AND STATION ON LEFT (EAST) SIDE OF STREET.
|01/01/1958 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1958 (LFV)
INTERSECTION STATION RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED. DESCRIPTION ADEQUATE AND CORRECT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.