Details for Benchmark: MC1367
N 41° 01.274 W 083° 40.148 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, OH View Original Datasheet
- FINDLAY FINDLAY AIRPORT BEACON
- Marker Type:
- airport beacon
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943 (APR)
STATION IS LOCATED ON THE W SIDE OF THE FINDLAY AIRPORT AND ON THE E SIDE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 25 IN THE CITY OF FINDLAY. IT IS A STANDARD AIRWAY BEACON, 60 FEET HIGH, PAINTED RED AND WHITE AND ON LAND OWNED BY THE FINDLAY AIRPORT COMPANY. THE POINT OBSERVED ON WAS THE CENTER OF THE LIGHT OF THE BEACON.
TO REACH FROM THE COURTHOUSE IN THE CITY OF FINDLAY GO S AND FOLLOW U.S. HIGHWAY 25 FOR 1.7 MILES TO BEACON ON THE LEFT.
THIS IS AN INTERSECTION STATION.
|01/01/1960 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960 (RLS)
STATION RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED. THE FAA STATES THAT THE BEACON HAS NOT BEEN MOVED SINCE 1943.
|01/01/1983 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1983 (BGN)
STATION RECOVERED OK.
|01/01/1984 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1984 (MS)
STATION RECOVERED GOOD.
- This mark is at Findlay Airport (FDY)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.