Details for Benchmark: MC1672
N 41° 18.700 W 083° 38.983 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WOOD county, OH View Original Datasheet
- K 351
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1993
6.6 KM (4.10 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 25 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN BOWLING GREEN, 47.2 M (154.9 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE NORTHBOUND LANES OF THE HIGHWAY, 31.6 M (103.7 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF GREENSBURG PIKE, 10.6 M (34.8 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE ENTRANCE GATE TO A SUBSTATION, 1.2 M (3.9 FT) WEST OF A WITNESS POST AND FENCE, AND 0.6 M (2.0 FT) BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY. NOTE--ACCESS TO THE DATUM POINT IS THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP. THE SLEEVE DEPTH DOES NOT MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS FOR A CLASS A MARK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1994.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.