Details for Benchmark: MC1797
N 41° 35.291 W 083° 45.676 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LUCAS county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by OH-095 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY LUCAS COUNTY OHIO 1993
THE STATION IS IN LUCAS COUNTY, OHIO ABOUT 6.0 MILES WEST OF THE CITY OF MAUMEE. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF CONANT STREET (U.S. 20) AND ILLINOIS AVENUE (U.S. 20A) PROCEED WEST ALONG ILLINOIS AVENUE 2.75 MILES TO ITS ANGLE POINT WITH MAUMEE WESTERN ROAD. CONTINUE WEST ALONG MAUMEE WESTERN ROAD 3.0 MILES TO ITS INTERSECTION WITH CRISSEY ROAD. TURN RIGHT AND PROCEED NORTH ALONG CRISSEY ROAD 1.0 MILES TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS A 3.5 INCH BRASS LUCAS COUNTY ENGINEER DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 12 INCH DIAMETER CONCRETE MONUMENT FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE IS STAMPED --MANNIK 8-17-93 1993--. THE STATION IS 29.2 FEET EAST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF CRISSEY ROAD, 72.2 FEET SOUTHEAST FROM A POWER POLE LOCATED WEST OF THE ROAD, 58.7 FEET SOUTHEAST FROM A BOLT IN THE CENTERLINE OF CRISSEY ROAD, AND 48.5 FEET SOUTH FROM A LUCAS COUNTY ENGINEER MONUMENT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.