Details for Benchmark: MC1812
N 41° 42.550 W 083° 28.807 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LUCAS county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by OH-095 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY LUCAS COUNTY OHIO 1993
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN LUCAS COUNTY, OHIO IN THE CITY OF TOLEDO. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF OTTAWA RIVER BRIDGE AND SUMMIT STREET PROCEED SOUTH ALONG SUMMIT STREET 0.9 MILES TO ITS INTERSECTION WITH 110TH STREET AND THE POINT PLACE LIBRARY AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER. TURN RIGHT AND PROCEED WEST ALONG 110TH STREET 0.1 MILES TO THE ENTRANCE TO THE LIBRARY PARKING LOT. TURN LEFT AND PROCEED SOUTH ALONG THE WEST EDGE OF THE LIBRARY PARKING LOT APPROXIMATELY 100 FEET TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. TO THE STATION IS A 3.5 INCH BRASS LUCAS COUNTY ENGINEER DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 12 INCH DIAMETER CONCRETE MONUMENT 0.1 FEET BELOW THE GROUND AND IS STAMPED --POINT 1993--. THE STATION IS 5.0 FEET EAST FROM A CHAIN LINK FENCE, 5.2 FEET WEST FROM THE EDGE OF AN ASPHALT PARKING LOT, 21.3 FEET NORTHWEST FROM A TELEPHONE POLE, AND 10.1 FEET NORTHEAST FROM A FENCE CORNER POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.