Details for Benchmark: MD0123
N 41° 05.550 W 084° 23.967 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PAULDING county, OH View Original Datasheet
- U 314
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
1 MI W FROM OAKWOOD. ABOUT 1.0 MILE WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 113 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 66 LEADING NORTH AT OAKWOOD, NEAR THE INTERSECTION OF COUNTY ROAD 187, 135 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 64 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL OF THE NORFOLK AND WESTERN RAILWAY, 22 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE COUNTY ROAD, 9 FEET SOUTH OF A 20-INCH TREE IN A FENCE LINE, 2 FEET NORTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST, 1 FOOT BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE COUNTY ROAD AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 3 INCHES ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND. IN SECTION 27, R 4 E, T 2 N. NOTE-- MARK MAY BE REACHED BY GOING 1.15 MILES EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 113 FROM THE CROSSING OF THE NORFOLK AND WESTERN RAILWAY AT MELROSE.
|10/20/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
1.6 KM (1.00 MI) WESTERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 613 FROM THE JUNCTION OF FIRST STREET IN OAKWOOD, 41.2 M (135.2 FT) NORTH OF THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE, 18.2 M (59.7 FT) SOUTH OF THE NEAR RAIL OF THE NORFOLK SOUTHERN RAILROAD, 6.8 M (22.3 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF COUNTY ROAD 187, 0.6 M (2.0 FT) BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE ROAD, 0.6 M (2.0 FT) NORTH OF A WITNESS POST, AND THE MONUMENT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1995.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.