Details for Benchmark: MD0133
N 41° 05.567 W 084° 28.567 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PAULDING county, OH View Original Datasheet
- X 314
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
3 MI W FROM MELROSE. ABOUT 3.0 MILES WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 113 FROM THE CROSSING OF THE NORFOLK AND WESTERN RAILWAY AT MELROSE, NEAR THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 637, 239 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 113, 26 1/2 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 637, 2 FEET SOUTH OF POWER LINE POLE 26-25-25, 2 FEET NORTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST, 2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 3 INCHES ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND. IN SECTION 25, R 3 E, T 2 N.
|10/20/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
0.1 KM (0.05 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG STATE STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE IN MELROSE, THENCE 4.9 KM (3.05 MI) WESTERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 613, 72.8 M (238.8 FT) NORTH OF THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE, 13.4 M (44.0 FT) SOUTH OF UTILITY POLE NUMBER 15, 8.4 M (27.6 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 637, 0.6 M (2.0 FT) BELOW THE LEVEL OF HIGHWAY 637, 0.2 M (0.7 FT) WEST OF A WITNESS POST, AND THE MONUMENT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1995.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.