Details for Benchmark: MD0163
N 41° 19.550 W 084° 12.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HENRY county, OH View Original Datasheet
- DAB 24
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1963 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1963
0.4 MI NW FROM FLORIDA. FROM FLAT ROCK SCHOOL IN FLORIDA, GO 0.15 MILE NORTH, THEN 0.3 MILE WEST ON JEWELL ROAD 55 TO A CONCRETE CULVERT. THE BENCH MARK IS ABOUT 0.7 MILE EAST OF BENCH MARK C 300, 11.3 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF JEWELL ROAD 55. A USGS DISK STAMPED 703 24 DAB 1959, SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN TOP OF THE WEST END OF SOUTH HEADWALL OF A CONCRETE CULVERT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. No vertical observational check was made to the station. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code NC indicates the bench mark was located on a no-check spur therefore a value was not computed.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.