Details for Benchmark: MD0167
N 41° 18.256 W 084° 12.636 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HENRY county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1963 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1963 (VBM)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 8 MILES EAST OF DEFIANCE AND ABOUT 6 MILES NORTHWEST OF HOLGATE IN THE EAST SIDE OF SEC. 18, T 4 N, R 6 E. IT IS ON THE PROPERTY OF THE FILLING ESTATE. IT IS SET IN THE MIDDLE OF AN 8 FOOT CONCRETE CIRCLE THAT IS FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE, 17 FEET WEST OF A WIRE FENCE AND A TELEPHONE POLE, 38 FEET EAST OF EAST EDGE OF A CREEK BANK AND 51 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF COUNTY ROAD 18. THE MONUMENT PROJECTS 1 INCH AND THE DISK IS STAMPED FILLING 1963.
TO REACH FROM THE POST OFFICE IN DEFIANCE, GO EAST ON STATE HIGHWAY 281 FOR 7.5 MILES TO A CROSSROAD. TURN LEFT AND GO NORTH ON COUNTY ROAD 18 FOR 1.0 MILE TO A CROSSROAD (TWP ROAD J) AND THE AZIMUTH MARK ON THE LEFT. CONTINUE NORTH ON COUNTY ROAD 18 FOR 0.45 MILE TO A FARM LANE ON THE LEFT. CONTINUE ABOUT 100 YARDS TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. REFERENCE MARK 1 IS 24 FEET NORTH OF A POWER LINE POLE, 50 FEET EAST OF THE WIRE FENCE AND 17 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD. THE MONUMENT IS FLUSH AND THE DISK IS STAMPED FILLING NO 1 1963.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS 35 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 3 FEET NORTH OF A TELEPHONE POLE AND 1 FOOT WEST OF THE WIRE FENCE. THE MONUMENT PROJECTS 2 INCHES AND THE DISK IS STAMPED FILLING NO 2 1963.
THE AZIMUTH MARK IS 2 FEET EAST OF A POWERLINE POLE, 12 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF TWP. ROAD J, 98 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF COUNTY ROAD 18 AND 63 FEET WEST OF A ROAD SIGN MARKER. THE MONUMENT PROJECTS 4 INCHES AND THE DISK IS STAMPED FILLING 1963.
ELEVATION OF DISK 703.03 FEET.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK - 30 METERS.
|01/01/1963 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1963
1.4 MI SW FROM FLORIDA. LOCATED 1.4 MILES SOUTHWEST OF THE FIRE STATION IN FLORIDA. TO REACH FROM THE FLORIDA FIRE STATION, DRIVE WEST 0.1 MILE ON U.S. HIGHWAY 24 (HIGH STREET) TO THE FLORIDA BRIDGE ROAD, TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTH ACROSS MAUMEE RIVER 0.2 MILE TO COUNTY ROAD Z, TURN RIGHT AND GO 0.7 MILE WEST ON COUNTY ROAD Z TO COUNTY ROAD 18, AND CONTINUE SOUTH ON COUNTY ROAD 18 FOR 0.6 MILE TO MARK ON THE FILLING LAND. IT IS 51.0 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF COUNTY ROAD 18, 38.0 FEET EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF A DRAINAGE DITCH, 17.0 FEET WEST OF A TELEPHONE POLE AND A WIRE FENCE. A STANDARD TRIANGULATION STATION DISK STAMPED FILLING 1963 SET IN A 12 INCH ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT THAT IS SET FLUSH IN THE CENTER OF AN 8 FOOT ROUND CAMERA TARGET.
|01/01/1980 by LOCENG (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1980 (RWW)
FILLING 1963 RECOVERED GOOD - UNDISTURBED - FENCES NOTED HAVE BEEN REMOVED.
FILLING NO. 2 1963 APPEARS GOOD - NEW TELEPHONE POLE SOUTH. FENCES HAVE BEEN REMOVEDED. 96.23 FEET NORTH TO STA.
FILLING 1963 AZ MK RECOVERED GOOD. POWER POLE 2 FEET WEST AS NOTED.
DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM NEAREST TOWN--1.3 + OR - S.W. FROM FLORIDA, OHIO ALONG CO. RD. 18.
|01/01/1984 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1984 (MS)
FILLING 1963 RECOVERED GOOD.
FILLING RM 2 RECOVERED GOOD.
FILLING AZ MK RECOVERED GOOD.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. No vertical observational check was made to the station. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code NC indicates the bench mark was located on a no-check spur therefore a value was not computed.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.