Details for Benchmark: MD0170
N 41° 16.917 W 084° 12.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HENRY county, OH View Original Datasheet
- D 300
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1963 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1963
2.9 MI SE FROM FLORIDA. FROM THE SOUTH END OF A STEEL BRIDGE OVER THE MAUMEE RIVER IN FLORIDA, GO 2.9 MILES SOUTHEASTERLY ON COUNTY ROAD 18. THE BENCH MARK IS LOCATED AT THE JUNCTION OF COUNTY ROAD 18 AND STATE HIGHWAY 281, 41.0 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF COUNTY ROAD 18, 31.5 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 281, 19.0 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF A CORRUGATED STEEL CULVERT UNDER STATE HIGHWAY 281, 7.3 FEET WEST OF A POWER LINE POLE WITH A GUY WIRE, AND 1.6 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST. THE DISK IS STAMPED D 300 1963, SET IN TOP OF A 10 INCH ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT PROJECTING 3 INCHES.
|01/01/1984 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1984
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. No vertical observational check was made to the station. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code NC indicates the bench mark was located on a no-check spur therefore a value was not computed.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.