Details for Benchmark: MD1754
N 41° 17.019 W 084° 03.115 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HENRY county, OH View Original Datasheet
- BELL TEL MICROWAVE NE HOLGATE
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1963 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1963 (VBM)
THE STATION IS THE LIGHT AT THE TOP OF THE TOWER, LOCATED ON THE NORTH SIDE OF STATE HIGHWAY 281, ABOUT 5 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE CITY OF HOLGATE, AND IS OWNED AND OPERATED BY THE BELL TELEPHONE COMPANY. IT IS A 4 LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE PAINTED IN ALTERNATE SECTIONS WITH INTERNATIONAL ORANGE AND WHITE, AND HAS SEVERAL MICRO-DISK AT THE TOP. THE OVERALL HEIGHT IS 320 FEET.
TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 108 AND 115 IN THE CITY OF HOLGATE, GO NORTH ON STATE HIGHWAY 108 FOR 2.45 MILES TO THE JUNCTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 281. TURN RIGHT AND GO EAST ON STATE HIGHWAY 281 FOR 1.95 MILES TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT AT THE NORTH SIDE OF A CONCRETE BLOCK BUILDING.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.