Details for Benchmark: ME1935
N 41° 31.667 W 087° 44.083 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COOK county, IL View Original Datasheet
- R 207 RESET 1967
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1967 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
1.7 MI N FROM MATTESON. 1.6 MILES NORTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 50 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH U.S. HIGHWAY 30 IN THE NORTHWEST EDGE OF MATTESON, THENCE 0.1 MILE WEST ALONG A PAVED ROAD TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT. IT IS 56 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 1 FOOT WEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, SET IN THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT WHICH PROJECTS 6 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.