Details for Benchmark: MF0217
N 41° 21.400 W 088° 25.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GRUNDY county, IL View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1939 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1939
AT MORRIS. AT MORRIS, GRUNDY COUNTY, AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE COUNTY COURTHOUSE, 48 FEET EAST AND 6 FEET SOUTH OF THE FRONT NORTH ENTRANCE, 5 FEET WEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER, AND 1 FOOT NORTH OF THE NORTH WALL. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD BRONZE CAP, STAMPED 519 AND RIVETED ON THE END OF AN IRON PIPE PROJECTING 1 FOOT ABOVE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.