Details for Benchmark: MF0872
N 41° 00.733 W 089° 02.850 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARSHALL county, IL View Original Datasheet
- U 29 RESET 1964
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1964 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
4.7 MI E FROM TOLUCA. ABOUT 4.7 MILES EAST ALONG THE ATCHINSON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT TOLUCA, 0.1 MILE WEST OF OVERPASS OVER THE ILLINOIS CENTRAL RAILWAY, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTH END OF THE BACKWALL OF THE NEW WEST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF THE RAILWAY OVERPASS OVER U.S. HIGHWAY 51, 6.25 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL OF THE WEST BOUND TRACK.
|11/7/1998 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.