Details for Benchmark: MR0359
N 41° 03.250 W 111° 41.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MORGAN county, UT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1958 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
1.5 MI NW FROM MORGAN. ABOUT 1.5 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT MORGAN, 18 1/2 TELEPHONE POLES WEST OF MILE POST 969, THE BOTTOM OF A SQUARE HOLE IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE SOUTH STONE HEADWALL OF A CULVERT, 13 1/2 RAILS WEST OF A PRIVATE ROAD CROSSING, 10 RAILS WEST OF SEMAPHORE NUMBER 969.4, 13 FEET SOUTH OF THE NEAR RAIL, AND ABOUT 4 FEET BELOW THE TRACK.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.