Details for Benchmark: NA0367
N 42° 13.017 W 074° 29.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GREENE county, NY View Original Datasheet
- U 258
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||NYC Fire Rider found NA0367
I have been looking for this marker for a few years! I was talking with my neighbor and just happened to mention that as a hobby, I was looking for this marker and he said " oh, I have one of those on my property!" He walked me over to a rock and there it was! It was about 200 feet from the area that I always thught it should be in.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
7.1 MI W FROM WEST KILL. 7.1 MILES WEST ALONG THE COUNTY ROAD FROM THE WEST KILL TAVERN AT WEST KILL, SET IN TOP OF BOULDER ON THE SOUTHWEST SLOPE OF HILL, 44 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER-LINE OF THE ROAD, 55 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTHEAST GATE POST, 31 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE STONE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE. A STANDARD DISK, ABOUT 2 FEET BELOW ROAD LEVEL.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.