Details for Benchmark: NJ0547
N 42° 01.783 W 091° 42.783 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LINN county, IA View Original Datasheet
- Y 80
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
2.4 MI W FROM LOUISA. 2.4 MILES WEST ALONG THE CHICAGO, MILWAUKEE, ST. PAUL AND PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT LOUISA, LINN COUNTY, 1 POLE WEST OF MILEPOST 233, AT THE UNDERPASS OF THE CHICAGO, ROCK ISLAND AND PACIFIC RAILWAY, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH END OF THE WEST CONCRETE ABUTMENT, 20 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, AND LEVEL WITH THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED Y 80 1934.
|03/30/1994 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1994 (RKL)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.