Details for Benchmark: PJ0138
N 44° 12.700 W 076° 04.517 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JEFFERSON county, NY View Original Datasheet
- E 218
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
1.8 MI S FROM CLAYTON. TO REACH FROM THE HIGH SCHOOL AT CLAYTON, PROCEED SOUTH ON STATE HIGHWAY NO. 12, GO 0.7 MILE TO THE INTERSECTION OF THE OLD HIGHWAY, GO 0.4 MILE, TURN SOUTHERLY (LEFT) AND GO 0.7 MILE TO A LARGE HOUSE AT TOP OF A SMALL HILL AND SITE OF BENCH MARK. BENCH MARK IS SET HORIZONTALLY IN TOP OF A LARGE FLAT LIMESTONE OUTCROP, IT IS ABOUT 350.0 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE HOUSE, 51.0 FEET NORTHWEST OF A GATE IN RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, 33.0 FEET NORTHEAST OF AND ABOUT THE SAME ELEVATION AS THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, AND 2.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE.
|01/01/1973 by LOCSUR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL SURVEYOR (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1973
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|07/29/1997 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.