Details for Benchmark: PN0018
N 44° 47.733 W 088° 16.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SHAWANO county, WI View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1921 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1921 (CLG)
STATION IS ABOUT 120 METERS S OF THE GREEN VALLEY DEPOT, 10 METERS S OF FIRST ROAD CROSSING S OF THE DEPOT, ON THE W SIDE OF THE TRACK, 25 METERS S OF SWITCH STAND AND 2.30 METERS (7.55 FEET) W OF THE W RAIL.
STATION IS A STANDARD BRONZE DISK SET IN A LARGE CONCRETE BLOCK 3 FEET SQUARE AND 4 FEET DEEP. REFERENCE MARK IS A STANDARD BRONZE DISK SET IN CONCRETE, AS DESCRIBED IN NOTE 11A.
REFERENCE MARK IS ON W SIDE OF TRACK 0.25 METER E OF THE PROPERTY LINE FENCE.
|1/1/1921 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1921
AT GREEN VALLEY. AT GREEN VALLEY, SHAWANO COUNTY, 130 YARDS SOUTH OF THE CHICAGO AND NORTH WESTERN RAILWAY STATION, 80 FEET SOUTH OF A SWITCHSTAND, 35 FEET SOUTH OF THE CROSSING OF STATE HIGHWAY 32, AND 7.6 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL. A STANDARD TRIANGULATION-STATION DISK, STAMPED ELEV. 802.082 FT. GREEN 1921 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A 3- BY 4-FOOT CONCRETE BLOCK.
|1/1/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|1/1/1980 by GE (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY GENERAL ELECTRIC CORPORATION 1980 (FWM)
STATION AND REFERENCES RECOVERED IN GOOD ORDER. CHURCH IN DESCRIPTION HAS BEEN TORN DOWN.
|1/1/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. IN GREEN VALLEY, AT THE INTERSECTION OF COUNTY HIGHWAY E AND RAILROAD AVENUE, 55.5 M (182.1 FT) WEST OF THE EXTENDED CENTER OF CO-OP AVENUE, 37.8 M (124.0 FT) EAST OF THE EXTENDED CENTER OF THE AVENUE, 10.4 M (34.1 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE HIGHWAY, AND 2.4 M (7.9 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER OF A SNOWMOBLE TRAIL (OLD RAILROAD BED). THE MARK IS 0.5 METERS N FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS 0.3 M BELOW THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1991.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.