Details for Benchmark: PX0456
N 44° 51.995 W 109° 40.219 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PARK county, WY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1953
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 2.5 MI. (AIRLINE) NW. OF THE CRANDALL RANGER STATION, ON A TREE COVERED TOP, WHICH IS THE SITE OF AN OLD ABANDONED LOOKOUT TOWER.
TO REACH FROM THE CRANDALL RANGER STATION, CROSS CRANDALL CREEK AND FOLLOW THE NORTH FORK TRAIL, A HORSE TRAIL, W. UP THE N. FORK OF CRANDALL CREEK TO AN INTERSECTING SIDE DRAIN AND A SIGN READING ---HUNTERS PEAK LOOKOUT TRAIL---. OLD TRAIL TO LOOKOUT IS HARD TO FOLLOW UNTIL YOU GET ALMOST TO THE TOP, BUT HORSES CAN BE WORKED UP NE. THROUGH THE TREES TO HEAD OF DRAIN WHERE SWITCHBACK TRAIL TO THE TOP IS INTERSECTED.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET, CEMENTED IN ROCK, STAMPED ---HUNTER 1953---.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.