Details for Benchmark: QL0364
N 45° 03.100 W 087° 46.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARINETTE county, WI View Original Datasheet
- L 128
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- copper-clad steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
1.5 MI SW FROM PESHTIGO. ABOUT 1.5 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 41 FROM THE BRIDGE OVER THE PESHTIGO RIVER AT PESHTIGO, 82 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A BLACK TOP ROAD INTERSECTION (COUNTY ROAD Y TO THE SOUTH), 61 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 56 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD LEADING NORTH, 45 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE EAST END OF A 30 INCH PIPE CULVERT UNDER THE ROAD LEADING NORTH, 1.3 FEET WEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, 2 1/2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY AND IS A DISK ON THE TOP OF A COPPER COATED STEEL ROD THAT IS ENCASED IN A 6 INCH METAL PIPE THAT PROJECTS 1/2 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND. THE ROD WAS DRIVEN TO A DEPTH OF 48 FEET. SECTION 24, T 30N, R22E
|01/01/1990 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (JNK)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.