Details for Benchmark: RK0137
N 46° 38.267 W 087° 29.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARQUETTE county, MI View Original Datasheet
- L 165
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
6.8 MI SE FROM BIRCH. 6.8 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG COUNTY ROAD 550 FROM THE LAKE SUPERIOR AND ISHPEMING RAILWAY STATION AT BIRCH, ABOUT 0.8 MILE NORTHWEST OF THE BRIDGE OVER HARLOW CREEK, 41 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 35 FEET SOUTH OF A TRIANGULAR BLAZED 14-INCH OAK TREE, 35 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A TRIANGULAR BLAZED 9-INCH PINE TREE, 12 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A TELEPHONE LINE, 1 1/2 FEET NORTHWEST OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, 2 1/2 FEET BELOW THE ROAD AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 4 INCHES.
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.