Details for Benchmark: RZ0926
N 46° 26.567 W 117° 00.533 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NEZ PERCE county, ID View Original Datasheet
- Z 304 IDDT
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1946 by IDDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1946
4.0 MI N FROM LEWISTON. 4.0 MILES NORTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY NO. 95 FROM THE COUNTY COURT HOUSE AT LEWISTON, SET AT THE NORTHWEST END OF A SHARP CURVE, 40.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF CENTER-LINE OF HIGHWAY, UNDER FENCE LINE, 2.1 FEET NORTH OF REFERENCE POST. AN IDAHO STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT DISK SET IN TOP OF CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 0.5 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND AND ABOUT 4 FEET ABOVE THE ROAD.
|01/01/1946 by NGS (GOOD)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
4.8 KILOMETERS (3.0 MILES) NORTH ALONG OLD U.S. HIGHWAY 95 FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 12 IN LEWISTON, SET ON THE INSIDE OF A HIGHWAY CURVE, AT A FENCE LINE, 12.2 METERS (40.0 FEET) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 33.5 METERS (110 FEET) SOUTH OF A HIGHWAY CURVE SIGN. THE MARK IS 0.7 METERS N FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 1.2 M ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.