Details for Benchmark: RZ0927
N 46° 26.567 W 117° 00.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NEZ PERCE county, ID View Original Datasheet
- G 23
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1946 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1946
3.9 MI N FROM LEWISTON. 3.9 MILES NORTH ALONG U. S. HIGHWAY 95 FROM THE COUNTY COURTHOUSE AT LEWISTON, 74 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 27 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A PORTION OF OLD ABANDONED ROAD, 5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A FENCE, AND 2 FEET NORTH OF A WITNESS POST. A BRONZE DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 8 INCHES ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
4.7 KILOMETER (2.9 MILES) NORTH ALONG OLD U.S. HIGHWAY 95 FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 12 IN LEWISTON, 0.1 KILOMETER (0.05 MILE) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST END OF A HIGHWAY CURVE, 24.3 METERS (79.7 FEET) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 33.8 METERS (111 FEET) SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST END OF A 30-CENTIMETER (12-INCH) DIAMETER STEEL PIPE CULVERT UNDER THE HIGHWAY, 21.2 METERS (69.5 FEET) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A GATE IN A BARBED WIRE FENCE LINE, 1.4 METERS (4.6 FEET) SOUTHWEST OF THE FENCE. THE MARK IS 0.6 METERS NE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.3 M ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.