Details for Benchmark: SR0182
N 47° 18.583 W 108° 48.283 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FERGUS county, MT View Original Datasheet
- S 172
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1961 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
8.45 MI SE FROM ROY. ABOUT 2.05 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG A GRADED DIRT ROAD FROM THE CHICAGO, MILWAUKEE, ST. PAUL AND PACIFIC RAILROAD STATION AT ROY, THENCE 6.4 MILES EAST ALONG A GRADED DIRT ROAD, IN SECTION 20, T 18 N, R 23 E, 123 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE JUNCTION OF THE GRADED ROAD AND STATE HIGHWAY 19 LEADING SOUTH TO GRASS RANGE, 80 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 93 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE GRADED DIRT ROAD, 62 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF A BRACED POWER POLE, IN LINE WITH A ROW OF POWER POLES, 22 FEET SOUTH OF A FENCE CORNER POST, 1 1/2 FEET EAST OF A FENCE, 1.3 FEET NORTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 15 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF STATE HIGHWAY 19, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 7 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.