Details for Benchmark: SS0304
N 47° 01.767 W 110° 46.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CASCADE county, MT View Original Datasheet
- A 140
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
5.8 MI SE FROM MONARCH. 5.8 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE GREAT NORTHERN RAILWAY FROM MONARCH, CASCADE COUNTY, 150 FEET NORTHWEST OF A STOCK PEN, 35 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, AND IN THE TOP OF A LARGE GRANITE BLOCK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED A 140 1934.
|01/01/1967 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1967
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.