Details for Benchmark: SS0305
N 47° 01.917 W 110° 46.833 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CASCADE county, MT View Original Datasheet
- H 191
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1961 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
5.6 MI SE FROM MONARCH. ABOUT 5.6 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 89 FROM THE DISTRICT 23 SCHOOL AT MONARCH, IN SECTION 25, T 15 N, R 7 E, 0.75 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE JUNCTION OF HIGHWAY 89 AND THE ROAD LEADING TO THE SUN MOUNTAIN RANCH, 80 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, SET IN THE BASE OF A SOLID ROCK CLIFF, 120 YARDS NORTHWEST OF A FOOT BRIDGE OVER BELT CREEK LEADING TO THE CAMP ROTARY RECREATIONAL AREA, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.