Details for Benchmark: SS1668
N 47° 52.097 W 110° 05.712 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CHOUTEAU county, MT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1889 by MORC (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MISSOURI RIVER COMMISSION 1889
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 5 MI. N. AND 27 MI. E. OF FORT BENTON, MONTANA, IN SEC. , R 13 E, T 19 N, ABOUT 1.25 MI. W. OF MISSOURI RIVER ON SPUR SLOPING E. TO RIVER.
TO REACH STATION FROM FORT BENTON POST OFFICE, GO ACROSS THE BRIDGE OVER THE MISSOURI RIVER AND CONTINUE E. FOR 7.9 MI. TO RD. FORK, KEEP LEFT AND E. FOR 13.9 MI. TO T-RD., TURN LEFT AND GO N. FOR 3.6 MI. TO T-RD., TURN RIGHT AND GO E. FOR 1.4 MI. TO CROSSROAD, TURN RIGHT AND GO S. FOR 1.0 MI. TO Y-JUNCTION, TURN LEFT AND GO E. FOR 1.7 MI. TO WHERE RD. CROSSES COULEE, STAY ON W. SIDE OF COULEE AND FOLLOW ALONG N. END OF FIELD FOR 0.1 MI., THEN GO SE. ACROSS COUNTRY FOR 0.2 MI. TO STATION.
STATION MARK--IRON PIPE WITH MORC IRON CAP BOLTED TO TOP.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.