Details for Benchmark: TK0419
N 48° 57.494 W 108° 19.626 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BLAINE county, MT View Original Datasheet
- BIG BUTTE
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1922 by GSC (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY GEODETIC SURVEY OF CANADA 1922
IN SE 1/4 SEC. 17, T. 37 N., R. 26 E., PRINCIPAL MERIDIAN, ON THE HIGHEST POINT OF A PROMINENT RIDGE RUNNING SOUTHEAST AND NORTHWEST.
STATION MARK--A STANDARD U.S. COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY STATION MARK. ONE REFERENCE MARK IS THE CENTER OF THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE ABOVE SECTION, 619.0 METERS FROM THE STATION S 78 DEG 49 MIN W. A SECOND REFERENCE MARK IS THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE SAME SECTION, 236.4 METERS FROM THE STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.